A journal contains daily or weekly entries of what you are experiencing now. It should be a tool to help you start keeping a record of meaningful experiences.
The following are things to include in a personal journal (Compiled from the article by President Spencer W. Kimball, “The Angels May Quote from It,” New Era, Oct. 1975, pages 4, 5.
- Way you face up to challenges.
- Experiences of work.
- Relations with people.
- Rightness and wrongness of actions.
- Difficulties overcome and struggles to succeed.
- Problems and bow you dealt with them.
- Picture of your “true self.”
- Flashes of illumination.
- Progress and rejoicing in achievement
- Stories of faithfulness.
- Triumph over adversity.
- Your deepest thoughts.
- Associations and triumphs.